Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Do Whatever We Feel Like Day

I was so excited for Saturday to get here! No early wake-up calls and no where specifically to be at any time. I love being lazy on a Saturday morning, drinking coffee, eating a yummy pancake breakfast made by Matt and snuggling with the kids in our p.j.'s. Matt and Graham headed out to visit Mr. Morris for a seriously needed haircut while Maddie and I had some girl time at home. Maddie vegged out in front of the t.v. so I went upstairs to take care of some laundry. Of course I got side-tracked when I went into Maddie's room to get her dirty clothes and began cleaning out her bookcase. I pulled out a bunch of books we do not read any more and called a friend and offered them to her for her new "classroom" as she has decided to home school her children. Once Matt and Graham were finished with the haircuts, we met up with them and decided to have a family trip to Target. The kids really needed some warmer clothing so we had fun picking out some clothes for them plus a few other not-needed items. We had a great time hanging out with each other! Madds and I split with the guys and headed to go shopping at a holiday market where some good friends had set up their businesses. Maddie was very specific about some vinyl lettering she wants for her room. "It has to say Princess in cursive, Mommy" and I want it this big (she stands on her bed and spreads her arms out wide plus another foot) She knew the color and size and told Mrs. Genie exactly what she wanted. "I also want a crown on the end". What???? Where does she get the idea for all of this. It is really funny because she went and placed her order while I was talking with another friend about a lunchbag. She is SIX! Wow! I am in trouble and I have such a long way to go... Maddie also was able to design her own bracelet- she chose the beads and actually threaded them and was able to pick out a little charm for it. While that entertained her, I headed over for a free massage not feeling guilty at all, haha! She had her turn and thought it iwas really neat. She told the lady that it felt really good and that she will tell her daddy to buy a gift certificate for her mommy to get an hour long massage. I would say that was great marketing by the massage therapist! Anyway, it was a great day. Graham and Matt had BB gun shootouts and I thing G won hands down. We ended the day with a quick trip to the mall to look for some tennis shoes for basketball, a cookie from the Cookie Company, and dinner at New China. Whew! Now comes the Auburn/Georgia game and we are planning on watching it together which we haven't done in years, not because we can't handle it but Matt gets, well, a little intense. If you have ever watched a UGA game with Matt, you know what I mean :-) I usually try to watch the game in another room but tonight we have weathered it well. I am glad to have had a day like this and will post some pictures as soon as I get a chance. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment